How to Stay Organized Using WordPress: 7 Easy Tips
WordPress is an incredibly popular content management system used by millions of websites and blogs. It is a very intuitive and powerful tool for managing content and websites, but it can also be a source of clutter if not managed properly. Here are 7 easy tips to help you stay organized using WordPress:
1. Create folders for your content
Create folders for storing images, documents, and other files related to your posts. This makes it easier to find files, and also keeps your media files organized.
2. Utilize the post categories feature
You can categorize different posts by topic to make it easier to find specific content. Utilizing the post categories feature helps to keep your content organized.
3. Utilize the “Drafts” page
When creating a post, you can save it as a draft and finish it later. The “Drafts” page helps you stay organized by displaying all the posts that are in draft form.
4. Set up a “Scheduled Posts” folder
When creating a post, you can schedule it for a specific date/time. This is a great way to plan out your content calendar and be organized. Set up a “Scheduled Posts” folder to house posts that are scheduled to be published at a later date.
5. Use a plugin for content planning
There are several plugins available for WordPress that can help you plan out your content and stay organized. These plugins often have drag and drop features that make it easy to arrange and organize posts.
6. Take advantage of widgets
WordPress has several built-in widgets that can be used to customize the appearance of your website. Widgets can be used to display recent posts and other content, which can help to keep your content organized and easy to find.
7. Utilize plugins for SEO
Certain plugins can help to optimize your website for search engine ranking, which can help to drive more traffic and exposure to your content. Utilizing SEO plugins is a great way to stay organized and get the most out of your website.
By following these simple tips, you can stay organized and make the most out of your WordPress experience.
What are some organizational plugins for WordPress?
1. Toolbar Editor – Allows you to customize the WordPress toolbar.
2. Shortcodes Ultimate – Provides a comprehensive suite of shortcodes to easily create buttons, columns, tabs and other content elements.
3. My Category Order – Drag and drop plugin to quickly re-order categories and custom taxonomies.
4. WP Reset – Reset your site to default settings and delete all content with a single click.
5. Media Cleaner – Clean up unused media files from your WordPress media library.
6. Simple Theme and Plugin Organizer – Easily organize your theme and plugin files in folders.
7. WP Content Copy Protection & No Right Click – Enable copy protection of your web pages and images.
8. WP Rocket – Speed up your WordPress site with caching, minification, and lazy loading.
9. WP Clean Up – Clean and optimize WordPress database with a few clicks.
10. Advanced Custom Fields – Create custom fields and sections on posts, pages, custom post types, and more.